Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
Welcome back to the 8th week of over and underachievers. We will continue to focus on guys who are ranked outside the top 20 for skill positions and top 10 for Qb's and Te's as many of you will have to always start a skill player in the top 20 regardless of matchup. This should assist more people with game day lineup decisions. Their weekly rating will always be listed in parenthesis. Last week I went 4-6 for the Overachievers highlighted by Carson Palmer, Denarious Moore and Jared Cook while going 9-1 for under achievers being led by Andy Dalton, Torrey Smith, and Fred Davis. With the 1st game coming up on Thursday here is our list:
- Tony Romo (12)- He has had a ton of recent success versus the Giants with a 11-2 TD/INT ratio.
- Philip Rivers (13)-This is his week, he gets the terrible Browns pass defense and coming off a bye week, if it does not happen now, it will not happen this year.
- Vick Ballard (25)-He should have the job one more week and the Titans have been friendly to all opposing teams.
- Jonathon Stewart (28)-There has been a ton of talk about him having the bulk of the carries.
- Pierre Thomas (29)- He has eclipsed Mark Ingram and should be a bunch of red zone carries.
- Hakeem Nicks (21)- He finally looked healthy last week and should be rid of all rust.
- James Jones (26)-Greg Jennings is now out for a long time after surgery but Jones just missed another TD last week and should get plenty of opportunities versus the Jaguars.
- Lance Moore (29)-He has stepped into all the targets left by the Jimmy Graham injury.
- Jeremy Kerley (32)- He has been a top 10 receiver the past 3 weeks, should run free versus the Dolphins.
- Dustin Keller (11)-He came back last week and was a favorite target of Sanchez, should continue to make his free agent push.
- Cam Newton (11)- His stats have been OK but going to Chicago and playing what is maybe the best defense of the past 10 years on the road is not a recipe for success.
- Carson Palmer (15)- He has been sneaky good but the Chiefs have had 2 weeks to prepare.
- Steven Jackson (20)-He continues to be ranked like it is 2 years ago but is in a 50/50 job share, stay away if you have other options.
- Shonn Greene (21)- Even with the recent success he is only getting 3.3 ypc the last few weeks ad get a very tough Miami run defense.
- Alex Green (23)-He is not a Rb1 and lack the toughness and speed, I can see Starks getting another chance.
- Steve Smith (24)- WR1 do not have success as seen by Megatron last week versus the Bears.
- Josh Gordon (31)-He has gotten 3 TD's in last 4 weeks but the surprise is over.
- Mike Williams (33)- The Vikings have been stout versus the pass and should take him out of the game.
- Michael Crabtree (34)- Patrick Peterson will take the slow plodding Wr1 out of the game.
- Brandon Pettigrew (14)- he has been a disappointment along with most of the Lions passing game.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful whether here or on Twitter.
Please feel free to contact me on Twitter dvond with any questions or comment on the above article