Isaac Bruce, the St. Louis Rams' franchise receiving leader, turned out for the third day of training camp, helping out a bevy of young receivers looking to stick in the NFL this year. Of course, the Reverend wasn't the only notable happening today, as players donned pads and started hitting for the first time in a long, long time. Some day three notes and highlights.
Thanks to all the fans at camp today who Tweeted live updates. It made for some great discussion today.
The Rams have another open practice tomorrow at 5 p.m., a break on Wednesday, and open practices Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Here's a complete schedule. If you go out to camp, let us know. If you post links, photos or your thoughts from camp, we'll feature them on the front page.
- Heat took it out of plenty of players today. Welcome to Missouri, boys. Rookie LB Jabara Williams had a minor knee injury and DT Darell Scott had a hamstring injury, normal this time of year.
- S Darian Stewart had a solid day, tipping a pass that led to an INT and looking sharp in tackling.
- Rookie TE Lance Kendricks worked with the first team today. Billy Bajema did yesterday.
- Brandon GIbson again put on a clinic, continuing to make his case for a spot on the final roster.
- Mardy Gilyard lined up wrong a couple time, earning some extra coaching. Don't read too much into anything this early.
- Greg Salas made some fans today with his excellent work.
- Kendricks was doing plenty of motioning today, a good sign of a player that the Rams need for his versatility.
- Thanks to @lannyosu, @danep12, @IamDHawk for their contributions today.