As we inch closer towards the deadline for a capped year (T-Minus 8 days), enjoy these fine articles:
- Jason Cole over at Yahoo! Sports wrote a good article a couple of days ago about how to draft a QB. Will over at Ramsherd also has his take on the very same article.
- RFA UPDATE: Show of hands, who thinks Alex Barron should be paid nearly 3 million dollars to say on the team? Now raise your other hand if you think Atogwe is a 7 million dollar safety. I get why Billy Devaney doesn't want to use the franchise tag, but as far as Atogwe is concerned, isn't it pretty much the same thing?
- Jim Thomas over at STLToday thinks the Rams are in a better position for this draft because the coaching staff hasn't just moved in. If only we could all be blessed with such clairvoyance.
- Mike Sando takes a look at some NFC West gems and busts across the years. Pretty sad when half of the Rams portion is dedicated to someone who was drafted in 1951.
- If you're wondering if the NFLPA and the NFL owners are going to make an agreement, take a look at this. I can't give either side much pity, it's tough making millions of dollars as a football player or being a multi-billionaire.
As far as from the inside, here are a couple recent fanposts:
- TrojanRam throws the hammer down on Mr. Mayock. Quick question: is the term "sexy pick," in any way at all related to the fact that you will have grown men fantasizing about other men in Indianapolis very soon?
- CoachConners throws at the possibility of looking at Randy Moss. Nothing wrong with that, the WR's could use someone like that to learn from. Both on and off the field.