A week has passed since the 49er heart breaker, and even though the Rams are at home, it doesn't get a whole lot easier. Atlanta boasts one of the best records in the league, and deservedly so with their two headed monster running attack, and Matt Ryan completing passes to Roddy White who many believe, is the best receiver in the conference.
Can the Rams defense continue to impress and put the big plays behind them this week? We'll find out today.
Here's the links:
- The Washington Post has a nice article on the Rams defense and how they have been a big key to the success this year. Can't disagree with that! I can't imagine where this unit will be in a year or two with more experience an a few more pieces in place.
- Steven Jackson in my opinion should be an MVP candidate. Here's an article by SI that talks about the Beast and how he has positively influenced the younger guys on the team. No question he is the leader of this team.
- Will P Donnie Jones get snubbed from a Pro Bowl bid this year? Not if the Rams players have their way about it.
- In news that potentially sucks, DX may not play today. Nothing, "official" but the PD says there's a good chance he'll be out another week.
- Jim Thomas has a piece on Brandon Gibson discussing his two failures to just, "fall forward" to get crucial first downs last week. versus going backward to try to make something happen. His response? "I got a little greedy". Good! That's the first step.. to admit it. Now, take action. One thing worries me though, I hope he doesn't NOT try to make plays now.
That's about it for today! See you in the thread... and GO RAMS!!!!