Tomorrow night the St. Louis Rams close out the preseason with their yearly intra-state battle for the ages known as the Governor's Cup.
You read the "two bad teams rebuilding" piece in the Post-Dispatch this morning that Kevin linked to in Random Ramsdom, but did you know...
- The Governor's Cup goes back to 1968, when the Chiefs and Cardinals would meet each year.
- The Cup is awarded as part of the two team's preseason games, despite several meetings during the regular season.
- The home team has won the last five preseason Governor's Cup games. The location goes back and forth each year; this year it's in St. Louis.
- The Rams lead the Governor's Cup series 6-5.
- The Chiefs are 4-0 against the Rams since the team moved to St. Louis in 1996.
No matter who wins the game, Missouri's the real winner...whatever that means.