Amari Cooper – WR – Alabama
Weight: 202 lbs
- Size and build to play either outside or between the hashmarks. His frame is lean but has room to add bulk.
- Experience in a pro style offense at Alabama, runs a pro style route tree.
- Shockingly polished route runner. Cooper sells fakes, gets deep in his cuts, and doesn't have any wasted motion when changing direction.
- Excellent awareness and body control with the ability to adjust to the ball in the air.
- Possesses an extra gear to take the top off the defense and eat up cushions in a hurry.
- Big play ability.
- Reliable target when asked to put himself at risk over the middle or make sideline grabs.
- If I'm nitpicking, I can find a small problem with his hands. At times he makes concentration drops and will ccasionally let the ball into his pads. I'm willing to attribute some of these to AJ McCarron (I'm not a fan of his).
- He struggled against large press corners at times and he needs to add more strength. Luckily, he has another year (two if he wants it) in college to mature physically.