With 10 days to go, here is a look at the first round of the 2014 Draft...
1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Apparently, the Texans can't wait to get there hands on the Gamecock star. I'm not sure if I believe Peter King as a source for the Falcons/Texans rumor. I think the Falcons are definitely interested in Clowney, but I'm not sure if they are willing to trade all the way up to #1. The only other option might be Blake Bortles...10% chance though. The Texans will not be selecting Johnny Manziel. That ship has sailed.
2. St. Louis Rams - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
It seems that the Rams are deciding between Sammy Watkins and Khalil Mack. A lot of people are mocking Khalil Mack. But that doesn't make too much sense since the Rams signed Jo-Lunn Dunbar to a 2 year deal who will be reunited with Gregg Williams. The only other option I see unfolding is a trade back. But thats a tough one to call for the Rams because of finding a trade partner without going too far back. To all you morons out there, the Rams will not be drafting Greg Robinson. The Rams can't take the risk of drafting a Jason Smith kind of player.
The Jaguars are tough to figure out. Mainly because they need everything...the Vikings move up to grab their signal caller before anyone else does.
4. Cleveland Browns - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
Mike Pettine is a defensive guy and he grabs his defensive player in the first round thanks to the Jaguars trading out. The Cleveland Browns will not be "trading" their pick.
5. Oakland Raiders - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
According to WalterFootball, the Raiders are targeting Mike Evans. But I see a lot of scenarios with this pick - Mike Evans, Greg Robinson, Johnny Manziel... The Raiders will not be drafting Teddy Bridgewater.
6. Atlanta Falcons - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
The Atlanta Falcons are either going offensive tackle, Clowney, or Mack. Looks like they grab one of the tackles first. The Falcons will not be drafting Taylor Lewan though,
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Lovie Smith will draft a QB if one falls to him. This makes sense - (Johnny Manziel & Mike Evans) is similar to (Johnny Manziel & Vincent Jackson).
8. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Minnesota Vikings) - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
This isn't a sexy pick and I don't think it pans out either...sorry Jacksonville...at least they pick up a draft pick in their trade with Minnesota.
9. Buffalo Bills - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Matthews is the 3rd A&M player off the board in the first 9 picks. Apparently, Buffalo is in LOVEEEE with Matthews. Personally, Matthews would look better in a Rams uniform.
10. Detroit Lions - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Ebron stays in the baby blue uniforms. Tarheel to Lion.
11. Tennessee Titans - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St.
The Titans lost Alterraun Verner in Free Agency. Looks like they find a replacement.
12. New York Giants - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
The Giants desperately need pass protection for Eli Manning. Plus, Manning just had ankle surgery.
13. St. Louis Rams - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
This is either going to be Dennard, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, or A. Donald. I think it is likely the Rams could move down from the #13 pick and still get one these guys they want. Unless Jake Matthews sneaks to them at #13, then they will draft him.
14. Chicago Bears - HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
The Bears replace Major Wright.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
The Steelers find a successor to Polamalu. And plus, the Steelers aren't going to let him slide to Baltimore.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
This is a very good pick for the Cowboys. Donald's speed will help vs RG3, Foles, and Eli.
Picks 17-32 will come later...