The title couldn't be any more clear. As Rams fans, our opinions don't go very far in regards to moves by ownership (see the move from California as an example). How ever, we do have a voice. In this regard, I'd like to take a vote of confidence poll with our franchise quarterback, Sam, The Ram Bradford. Before this vote...let's take a look at the pros and cons of Sam.
1. Accurate arm accompanied by nice arm strength.
2. Light mobility in the pocket (I'll explain later).
3. Doesn't throw a lot of interceptions or turnover the ball much in general.
4. In 2013, experienced his best start to a season before being injured.
5. Clutch characteristics (6 fourth quarter comebacks, 5 game winning drives).
2. Light mobility in the pocket (pro and con, as Bradford has shown the ability to stay upright in the pocket to avoid sacks but lacks the mobility to actually extend a play rather than just avoiding the sack).
3. Relies too heavily on dump off and check down passes.
4. Pricey/Questionable first overall pick.
5. Fails to make team mates significantly better.
While Sam certainly isn't a bad quarterback, the question I ask you is if he's actually a good one? Or is he nothing more than one of Richard Sherman's "mediocre" players, at best. Can he ever be a Peyton/Brady/Brees/Rodgers type quarterback that would warrant a first overall selection...or could he ever be a game facilitator such as A. Smith/Flacco/Wilson? Or will he just be the mediocre quarterback that falls into an abyss? Time will tell. Regardless, 2014 will be Bradford's make-or-break year. As a Rams fan, I hope this is the year he makes it.