Alright folks. Time to look at free agents who could become Rams in the near future. These names I list all have a reasoning behind them, and I'm not saying ALL the players will sign...but this is who I believe have the most potential to wear the horns.
Imagine Betty White reading this to you (that's who the kids like nowadays, right?).
1. Malcolm Jenkins - The former Saint is a strong candidate to help the depleted Ram's defensive backfield. After serving under new DC Greg Williams in N'Oleans...I could definitely see him taking a trip up the Mississippi. He won't necessarily be starting opposite McDonald, but he could challenge a rookie for the spot as well as play corner (he was a safety drafted as a corner). Either way, great depth and a veteran presence is what we need...(I'm looking at you Finnegan). Won't be that expensive...after all, he was originally a rotational player until Vacarro got hurt.
2. Riley Cooper - At 6'3 220 LBS, could we be looking at the Y receiver to compliment Stedman and Austin? His big physical body should do well against the giants in Seattle, and after a...um...controversy last year, Riley performed very well with over 800+ yards and 10+ TDs. The Rams certainly can still wait and see f Quick will take the progression that Riley has, but if not, Riley won't be as expensive as other receivers on the market and could step in and make an immediate impact.
3. Jon Asamoah - For those unfamiliar, Asamoah is a guard, and a pretty serviceable at that. Without question, the Rams will be adding several pieces to the offensive line this offseason. It's almost a guarantee that they will sign at least one player via free agency. (This is not including Saffold).
4. Jonathan Vilma - Coming off injury and a controversy of his own, this is another former Williams player that could raise some eye brows in the front office. We all know what Vilma can do when healthy, and if the Rams sign his former team mate Dunbar or not, this would be an intriguing pickup. Price wouldn't be that high...guy hasn't played a full season in nearly 2 years. Moderate risk, high reward. Would Goddell even allow a Williams/Vilma combo again?
5. TJ Ward - Rams need a safety, this guy is top notch. Question is, how much are the Rams willing to pay in FA? If the Rams sign Ward, that would pretty much be any significant FA activity with the tight salary cap.
So what ya think? Once again, this list does NOT include current Rams FA and is not intended to reflect the Rams signing ALL of them.