Roster Moves to free up money for one big free agent signing plus resign off Saffold
* Dump Finnegan, Dahl, Wells, Spoon, SS Stewart, Shelley Smith
* Restructure Langford - no pay cut just spread $$ hit
Free Agent Moves
* Resign Saffold - Absolutely critical $6mm/year maybe with some of Jake Long's injury protection in contract
* Sign one of Jarius Byrd, Ward, Clemens (FS then is set along with missing veteran experience)
* Trade #2 pick down to #6-9 range - get an additional 2nd and 4th pick
* Trade up from #13 to #6 with one 2nd rounder.
* Draft BOTH Matthews and Greg Robinson :)
* Trade up for a late #2 and #3 (willing to sacrifice picks in next years draft in middle tier)
(LT) Long/Matthews - (LG) Matthews/Smith/Jones - (C) Barnes/Jones - (RG) Saffold/Jones - (RT) Robinson/Barksdale/Mid Round development prospect
4 of 5 positions at Pro Bowl level talent and lineup perfectly balanced and suited for our power blocking scheme.
Barksdale an excellent place holder for first month of season at LT till Long gets back. Robinson and Saffold together completely collapse a defensive line on their own. Matthews a versatile elite pass blocker at LG but a hedge if Long is finished.
**IF Jake Long is toast then the line looks like this and still above average and with depth:
Mathews/Barksdale - Robinson/Smith/Jones - Barnes/Jones - Saffold/Jones/Prospect - Barksdale/Robinson/Prospect
1 - Matthews LT
2 - Robinson RT
2 - Aaron Donald (Or disruptive 3 technique pass rushing DT)
2 - Van Noy (Very similar to Ogletree and turnover machine/play maker)
3 - Cover Corner
3 - Safety (Pick one)
4 - Offensive Tackle
4 - Compensatory pick - Aaron Murray