In case you're late to the party:
So without further adieu...
Marqise Leescouting report
Sammy Watkinsscouting report
|3||Mike Evans||Texas A&M||RS Soph.|
|4||Dri Archer||Kent St.||RS Sr.|
Brandon Coleman (scouting report)
|6||Allen Robinson||Penn St.||Jr.|
Jordan Matthewsscouting report
|8||Davante Adams||Fresno St.||RS Soph.|
|9||Donte Moncrief||Ole Miss||Jr.|
|14||Ryan Grant||Tulane||RS Sr.|
|19||Matt Miller||Boise St.||RS Jr.|
|21||DaVaris Daniels||Notre Dame||RS Soph.|
|22||Devin Street||Pittsburgh||RS Sr.|
|23||Tevin Reese||Baylor||RS Sr.|
|24||Kenny Bell||Nebraska||RS Jr.|
|25||Josh Stewart||Oklahoma St.||Jr.|
|26||Eric Ward||Texas Tech||RS Sr.|
|27||Tracy Moore||Oklahoma St.||RS Sr.|
|28||Kelvin Benjamin||Florida St.||RS Soph.|
|29||Brandin Cooks||Oregon St.||Jr.|
- Lee and Watkins. They'll have to do a lot to lose ground in these rankings. Of course Watkins has some off field transgressions to right after last year; a pair of drug charges and being late for a team meeting later in the year combine the personal life red flags with a professional one. Still, with a QB like Tajh Boyd (and without DeAndre Hopkins to eat up second looks), Watkins' potential numbers this season will have non-fourpillary teams willing to look his way early.
- Mike Evans probably had the best freshman year of anyone you might not have heard about. Just another reason to blame Johnny Football... If you needed more fodder to the storylines out of A&M this year, Evans should provide it.
- Dri Archer's draft fate is in Tavon Austin's hands. Welcome to NFL 3.0.
- Two years ago, Mitchell was joining the Bulldogs as Rivals' top cornerback in the country. Now in his third year, he could have the tutelage to make a big jump...or he could continue to rely on athletic talent and go back to Athens for his senior year and remain outside the top 10.
- Davis has the makeup of a top 3 WR prospect. Unfortunately, he's playing for Mack Brown. Is the environment for him to make good on his potential in 2013?
- The Rams just signed a player out of Northwestern. They didn't sign the best one. Mark exploded last year as the diminutive force behind the Wildcats' offense. There's a good chance Mark and HC Pat Fitzgerald could well exit NU together on to bigger and better things after this season.
- Street has the makeup to rise well up this board. He has to find the consistency. Pitt's season was over as soon as it began with consecutive losses against Youngstown St. and Cincinnati to open the year. Street combined for 9 catches and 105 yards. He could've put those numbers up in each game alone like he did against Syracuse and Louisville.
- Tevin Reese could be the main recipient of the offensive brilliance of Art Briles. If things play out that way, he'll fly up most boards on numbers and highlights alone.
- Josh Stewart or Tracy Moore? Stewart had the big year for the Cowboys while Moore was primed to blow up before an ankle injury finished his year early in October.
- Authory note: You've got a Davante, a DeVante and a DaVaris on this list. Yeah, I'm definitely not screwing that up this year...