* For the most part, Rams fans have little to complain about in reference to the 2013 NFL Draft. They were able to find some quality players who look to immediately make their stamp on this team. "Impact" players don’t always have to be drafted in the 1st round though. Gil Brandt highlights NINE rookies who just so happened to be in the right place at the right time… all of whom were drafted after day one. A few of them were on the Rams’ radar… none of them are on the Rams.
* Want to see Colin Kaepernick’s life change in just a few seconds? Watch a quick highlight of the #18 Ranked Game of 2012 on NFL.com. The game went on to finish as a tie… but remember, that’s only because Brandon Gibson really didn’t want to win.
* Ahh, here’s one that’s sure to inspire debate. It’s CBS Sports’ NFL QB rankings. Evan Silva - in an earlier article - stated how Rams’ QB Sam Bradford needed to ‘put up or shut up.’ Bradford slightly eludes this category, though he’s still ‘in limbo.’
* There have been quite a few "Top 100 Players" lists recently. The majority of them neglect to mention any Rams players. Pete Prisco debuted his… and you shouldn’t be surprised.
* Would you consider Jake Long one of the top 10 Free Agency signings of 2013? Left tackle is certainly one of the most sought after positions in football, and Long was a #1 overall pick after all. CBS Sports ranks their top 10 FA signings of this offseason.
* Is it truly a "Make or Break" season for Sam Bradford? ESPN’s Mike Sando and Matt Williamson discuss the matter. Williamson goes on to say that maybe it’s more a ‘prove it’ season. He also states that Bradford might not be as ‘trustworthy’ as Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick. What’s new?
* The Rams drafted the - oft-described - ‘most electric’ football player in the draft in WVU wideout Tavon Austin. Are ‘electric’ and ‘play-maker’ synonymous? I sure hope not, because Cardinals GM Steve Keim has something to say about it…
* Seattle Seahawks CB Richard Sherman is hosting a charity softball game in July. That’s awfully nice of him. In the spirit of giving, he’s hired someone familiar to officiate the game; someone who knows about giving….and taking away.
* USA Today - Shew! With football’s flying out of the end zone on kickoffs in the NFL these days, Rams fans should’ve been concerned with the idea of Josh Cribbs signing with the Arizona Cardinals. No worries…he’s decided end his career.
* National Football Post - One of the Rams’ strongest units lies in their defensive front. They’re certainly not short of talent at DE and DT. That being said, why not take a peek at the top rated players at both positions heading into the 2014 draft.
* RotoWorld - Evan Silva ranks the 2013’s best offensive line units. This - for the Rams - hasn’t been a particularly respectable bunch in recent memory. More so, it hasn’t been healthy. Take a look at how Silva ranks the Rams. There are three pages to this post. You’ll be happy to know that you’ll find the team from St. Louis on page 2. You’ll also find them ahead of the Seahawks…
* St. Louis Rams.com - The Rams are at a point where they’re starting to call dibs on University of Houston Linebackers in undrafted free agency. Last year it was Sammy Brown. In 2013, it was another accomplished Houston LB, Phillip Steward. Neither will be inked in as starters, but both could prove serviceable at the position.
* St. Louis Rams.com - It’s always nice to catch up with Rams Legends. Why not see what’s new with Rams’ great Vince Ferragamo?
* WalterFootball - Step 1) Admit you have a problem. I’ve had trouble sleeping for weeks now. I haven’t had a gulp of mock draft since late April. I want it. I need it. You need it too. It’s a potentially early, possibly inaccurate 2014 NFL mock draft. Rams have two picks (18 & 20). How’d they do?