Hey guys. Been busy so haven't been on much in a minute but sick and taking it easy so I figured i'd do another mock focusing on players we have targeted with a couple more of my favorites thrown in. For starters, we trade our 16 to the niners. My thinking is with that many picks and not near as many needs they have plenty of flexibility to move up. We get their 31, 74, and 93 as compensation.
22. Alec Ogletree OLB- One of the better players in the draft in my opinion. He is exactly the kind of linebacker we could use and while he has been in trouble several times I think he can mature in St. Louis.
31. D.J. Fluker RT/G- He can play guard this year and move to right tackle next year or if jake or roger go down this year. This would give us an extremely effective O-line if all the starters can stay relatively healthy.
46. Quinton Patton WR- He isn't my favorite wide receiver but the rams FO seems to like him and I would prefer him in the second to Austin in the first. Especially at 16.
74. Da'rick Rogers WR- Probably my favorite wide receiver in this draft. I like most of them but I like how many physical tools Rogers has at his disposal. He is decently fast, has great body control, Decent size and physicality, has decent route running, make incredible catches. The guy is a steal in the third round.
78. Bacarri Rambo FS- I want at least one safety that can cover this year. That is why Bacarri is my guy. I think it is a mistake to draft any safety in this first round when guys like he or Swearinger could be available here.
93. Brandon Williams DT- Fisher loves his D-lineman. The rams have targeted him and if he falls to the bottom of round three they would presumably snatch this small school local up.
113. Marcus Lattimore RB- If he can become healthy again and stay that way he can dominate this league for years to come. Problem is, that is a big if. No matter where he goes, I am rooting for this phenomenal athlete.
149. David Bass DE- Another small school prospect we are looking at on D-Line. Can't say I'd be mad if we drafted him here.
184. Ace Sanders- Return man. Any return man.
249. Ray Ray Armstrong- All the potential in the world. Just never lived up to it. Maybe he is a late bloomer. We need safeties so he would be a solid late rounder.