In this mock Miami trades their two 2nd round picks(#42 & #54) for the Rams first pick(#16). The Rams need to fill out the starters with the 2013 draft. No more Dahl, Richardson, Turner (at OG), or Haggan/McIntosh. WR and TE also need some work followed by DT and CB depth. Miami wants a player which falls to #16 and the Rams jump.
1. Tyler Eifert TE- A redzone target and another option for Sam. Will allow Kendricks to play the Hernandez role as TE/HB or a 2 TE set.
2A.Barrett Jones G/C/OT- Jones would start at OG but play C/OT if any injuries happen with Rok filling in at OG.
2B. Tavon Austin WR- May be a little smallish but he's a dynamic player. Can take over in Danny's absence and adds a new element to the offense and special teams.
2C. Sylvester Williams DT- Completes the DT rotation with a solid 3rd down rotational player.
3. Da'Rick Rogers WR- He's too much talent to pass up in the 3rd round. Rogers will push Quick and Givens to get better quicker.
4. Jelani Jenkins OLB- Can play every spot at LB. WLB in 4-3 & depth for the other LBs.
5. DJ Swearinger S- An upgrade over C Dahl and he's a hitter. Love his style of play he'd bring to the defense.
6. Ray Ray Armstrong S- Another guy that falls we can't pass on. His measurables alone warrant a late round pick. Let him fight and prove he's a starter in the NFL.
7. Brandon McGee CB- CB depth with high upside. No need to rush him into the line-up.
The only FA move I would make with this mock is an OT. The Rams could save $4 million from Hunter and about $4 million from SJ39's restructure. A few names in that price range are Ryan Clady DEN, Brandon Albert KC, and Andre Smith CIN. The Rams would have one of the best olines in the NFL when healthy (Saffold- Jones- Wells- Dahl- Smith/Albert) and some talented young WR/TEs to go with SJ39. The defense would be great and next year we'd still have 2 first round picks.
Would you make the trade if you would get this draft?
Yes (18 votes)
No (24 votes)
42 total votes