Okay we will start with free agency. With my take on the Rams needs and the depth at certain positions in the draft, this should be pretty fun.
The Rams biggest needs in my opinion:
- Left Guard
- Wide Receiver
- Right Tackle
- Outside Linebacker
Free Agents Let Go:
- Steve Smith- Huge disappointment.
- Brandon Gibson- Will probably want a little more money and the Rams won't offer more than he is worth, inconsistent at times although has made improvements the last couple seasons.
- Bradley Fletcher- good player with the skills to be a starting caliber corner and will want to test free agency and see what he can get. Plus Rams have 2 really good corners in Jenkins and Finnegan.
- Craig Dahl- absolutely horrible in pass coverage period, misses tons of tackles, and is not worth our money.
- Haggan, Cole, and McIntosh- Will look for different linebackers to compete for the spot next to Laurainitis and Dunbar.
Free Agents Kept or Brought In:
- Steven Jackson- can carry the load for at least 2 more seasons and will provide a veteran leadership. Not to mention we can probably get him for around 3 million a year.
- Danny Amendola- Bradford's relationship with him on the field.
- Barry Richardson- Depth on the O-line and could start right tackle if we don't address it in the draft.
- William Hayes- great for us this year, Fisher will want him back.
- Greg Jennings- #1 receiver with big play ability.
- Sam Bradford- Fish and Snead will talk to him about needing the money to find him weapons and protection.
- Quintin Mikell- hopefully will realize even though he is playing at a very high level he is getting older and can lower his pay to help the rest of the team.
- Harvey Dahl- lower just a little bit, getting older and is coming off of injury.
1a. Chance Warmack- No matter the hype on this guy he won't go in the top 15 even though he is probably the safest player in the draft and the dude will be a dominant force in the NFL for years to come. Can pass protect and pave the way for the Rams running backs.
1b. Matt Elam- Fierce hitter that can play the run and the pass and is a play maker.
2. D.J. Fluker- Pairing him with Alabama teammate Warmack chemistry on the line instantly starts which is something we need on the O-line, great run blocking, not lots of credit in pass protection but can be coached up.
3. Da'Rick Rogers- a Janoris Jenkins type pick that Fish and Snead will develop fast and make the other teams regret passing on him. Big, fast, athletic receiver with big play ability. His game relates to Julio Jones.
4. D.J. Swearinger- aggressive hitter that is pretty well rounded at the position.
5. Zaviar Gooden- fast athletic linebacker that would be a upgrade to our current linebackers, maybe start day 1, can play run well and drop back in coverage.
6. Blaize Foltz- probably the strongest guard in the draft, better than given credit for and could be Dahl's eventual replacement.
7. Miguel Maysonet- maybe we find a 3 down back late in the draft, this guy was phenomenal in college though playing in the FCS. Jackson could mold him into our future running back.
Well thats it my vision of a perfect offseason.