Here we go again. While this will remain somewhat familiar to my earlier mocks, I added a little wrinkle this time. Hopefully, we can all be on the same page and agree that the Rams should trade out of the #2 position to receive more picks (however only if they get the right deal). So I present you with my Christmas Special of how the Rams can align themselves (cuts, free agency, and the draft) so that this time next year we are talking about what seed we are for the NFL Playoffs instead of our draft position.
- Cortland Finnegan: I am sorry for all the Finnegan lovers out there, but everyone must agree that he is earning way too much money currently. I love his ferocity and the attitude he brings to the defense, but his play this year has been absolutely
bad horrendous. I know he is one of Fisher's guys from the Tennessee days, so maybe Finnegan restructures his deal. But if has to be, then he gets cut because Jenkins and T. Johnson are the present and future.
- Scott Wells: Too old. Too injury prone. Bye bye.
- Harvey Dahl: This one's up in the air. If Saffold resigns for a reasonable deal, then Dahl gets cut. If Saffold doesn't resign, then Dahl stays.
- Kendall Langford: He's been decent this year, but he can easily be upgraded for less.
*Note: If some of these guys are willing to restructure their deals, then that's a possibility too.
- Laurinaitis: I would hope that this man would want to reach the playoffs the most out of any of the Rams players. Just restructuring his deal a little bit, would be beneficial to the Rams cap space.
- Bradford: The same view with Laurinaitis.
*Note: I doubt these two will restructure their deals, but we can only hope.
NFL FREE AGENCY:
- Linval Joseph (DT, NYG, age: 25) - signs for 4 years $19.5 million
- Rodger Saffold (OG, STL, age: 27) - signs for 5 years $29 million
- Texans Select: Clowney / Sign QB Jay Cutler in free agency to be reunited with Lovie Smith
- Trade #2 overall pick to Cleveland for their 2 first rounders
1st Round: Jake Matthews (RT) - Texas A&M
1st Round: Sammy Watkins (WR) - Clemson
1st Round: CJ Mosely (LB) - Alabama
2nd Round: Calvin Pryor (S) - Louisville
3rd Round: AJ McCarron (QB) - Alabama
4th Round: Jaylen Watkins (CB) - Florida
QB - Bradford, McCarron, Clemons
RB - Stacy, Richardson
WR1 - Watkins, Givens
WR2 - Quick, Bailey
WR3 - Austin
TE - Cook, Kendricks
LT - Jake Long
LG - Chris Williams / Rookie
RG - Saffold / Rookie
RT - Jake Matthews / Barksdale
DE - Chris Long, Hayes
DT - Joseph / Rookie
DT - Brockers
DE - Quinn / Sims
LB - Mosely, R. Armstrong
LB - Laurinaitis, Bates
LB - Ogletree
CB - Janoris Jenkins, McGee
CB - Trumaine Johnson, Jaylen Watkins
S - Calvin Pryor, Rodney McLeod
S - TJ McDonald, C. Davis
K - Zuerlein
P - Hecker
Head Coach - Fisher
Asst. Coach - McGinnis
Off. Coordinator - Schottenheimer
Def. Coordinator - Chuck Cecil
2014 NFL Record Projection: 11-5 (#5 seed)