Welcome back to another episode of Waiver Wired. It's week 11, so your team is in one of two spots. One, you are looking great for the playoffs, in which case you should be looking for handcuffs for your top running backs, backup tight ends, kickers, and defenses. Taking a look at Weeks 14-16 is not a bad thing, at this point, as you start planning your lineups to make a run for a championship. For the rest, your playoffs start now. You need to make week-to-week moves and get the best possible players against the weakest opponents for your playoff run. A few guys who may be available that I have listed previously are Andre Brown, Shane Vereen, Harry Douglas, Tim Wright, Case Keenum, Nick Foles and James Jones.
Here is my week 11 list of top pickups:
· Rashad Matthews - He took over the slot position on the Dolphins with the Gibson injury, and with their pass protection issues seems to be a favorite target.
· John Carlson - He broke out with the Rudolph injury last week, and should be a low end TE1 with Ponder at QB.
· Bobby Rainey - He will be at the lower half of the Bucs RB platoon, but is the more explosive runner. Their schedule sets up pretty well.
· Brian Leonard - He will get more touches for his pass catching prowess, but is more valuable in PPR league as I see his carries going down and Rainey's going up.
· Jason Campbell - I mentioned getting a backup QB, and he has performed quite nicely. Not a bad emergency roster spot.
· Nate Burleson - He practiced last week and should be ready to rejoin the Lions passing attack.
· Shonne Greene - He is sharing the job, but if you are in a pinch - or have Johnson - he is a must add for at least the next two weeks.
· Phil Dawson - With the 49ers offense struggling, he seems to have finally hit his stride and should be a solid point scorer the rest of the way.
· Andre Roberts - It was about this time last year that he started to make his mark, and the Cards have a great schedule the next five weeks.
Thanks for reading and we'll be back later in the week with a Start/Sit column.