Hello Fantasy Football Fans!
Welcome to the fifth week of the waiver wired/who is hot and who is not column of the year. I thank everyone for reading and hopefully this will assist your team on the way to the playoffs. We will not list anyone who was on the list last week but if Bilal Powell or the Chiefs defense are still out there, please do yourself a favor and grab them. This is not a great week for a huge impact pickup, more bye week fill-in’s and a few speculative adds.
Who is Hot:
- Peyton Manning - This is getting downright silly. Make sure you do not have a defense playing him in any week.
- Arian Foster – He dominated the touches by over 4-1 last week; trade for him if possible.
- David Wilson – He got 70 percent of the carries last week, and gets the Eagles this week. Plug him in.
- Philip Rivers – He is back to the the young fantasy stud he was in this new offense which fits perfectly his talents.
- Jamaal Charles – He does not get that many carries, but is made up by the 10-11 pass targets he receives from the king of the check down, Alex Smith.
- Alex Smith – He may be king of the check downs, but with the rushing yards he gets, it has made him the 10th overall player in standard leagues, one point behind Andrew Luck.
- Victor Cruz – Even in blowouts he is by far the most reliable target for Eli Manning who has a 72 percent completion rate when throwing to him.
- Chiefs Defense – A team that went undrafted in most leagues is now a top 20 unit with an awesome schedule the next few weeks.
- Jordan Cameron – A late round pick who is the #2 TE in the league and a favorite of Brian Hoyer.
- Kendrell Thompkins – He now has the trust of Tom Brady, and is on pace for 10 TDs and 1,000 yards.
- Anyone playing the Eagles, Redskins, Giants, and Rams – If you have a guy playing any of these teams, they are a must start.
Who is not:
- Maurice Jones Drew - He looked slow and sluggish, but if you have him this may be your last chance for points versus the Rams ... but beware.
- Santonio Holmes – Another injury will put him out a few weeks.
- Stevie Johnson - He put up a zero last week, and is now getting the top CB on every team. With Manuel a little shaky, it makes him a risky play.
- Bernard Pierce – Even with a hurt Rice, he did not take any advantage, and he will only be worth a start whenever Rice is out.
- Eli Manning – He is on a historic interception pace There is no reason for him to start after this week unless you are stuck on a bye.
- A.J Green – He is been way below average in three of his four games, and is getting killed by the Andy Dalton inaccuracy train. He has to be started, but temper those expectations.
- Carson Palmer – Take out the Rams game and he is at the bottom of the NFL, doing a great job killing all Cardinals fantasy prospects.
- Doug Martin – He will see eight in the box with a rookie QB. He has only caught 33 percent of his targets through the air. If you get a god offer, take it and run.
- Trent Richardson – He continues to plow away at three YPC, and if he does not get a TD, his value is below average. There aren't many lanes with the Colts line either.
Average-sized leagues waiver wire pickups
- David Wilson – I have seen him dropped in a few leagues, but he will be better than your current bench players moving forward.
- Alshon Jeffrey – He is getting over more than targets a game, a good bye week fill-in.
- Robert Woods – 17 targets the past two weeks, he will continue to get better and better.
- Jerome Simpson – You could do worse than him for a bye week fill-in, and his value is higher with Matt Cassel now the QB for the next few weeks.
- Tashard Choice – Keep an eye on the playing status of Spiller and Jackson.
- Nate Washington – He is always on this list every year, but puts up solid numbers and should not be affected by the injury to Locker.
- Keenan Allen – He played more snaps than any other Chargers wide receiver last week.
- Willis McGahee – He got a few goal line carries, and he has a nice matchup versus the Bills this week.
- Terence Williams – Other than a fumble he had a nice seven-catch game last week replacing Austin.
- Danny Woodhead – If you need a bye week running back, you could do a lot worse than this PPR machine
Send me any questions or lineup decisions on Twitter –dvond
Good Luck this week!