Aug 25, 2012; Landover, MD, USA; Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III (10) drops back to pass during the first half against the Indianapolis Colts at FedEX Field. Mandatory Credit: Brad Mills-US PRESSWIRE
Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
Welcome back to another year of over and underachievers. I am changing the format a bit and will only focus on guys who are ranked outside the top 20 for skill positions and top 10 for Qb’s and Te’s as many of you will have to always start a skill player in the top 20 regardless of matchup. This should assist more people with game day lineup decisions. Their weekly rating will always be listed in parenthesis. With the 1st game coming up on Wednesday here is our 1st list;
· Jake Locker (17)- Another young QB playing in a game they should be trailing and getting to go against a pretty awful pass defense in New England.
· Ben Tate (38)- With an expected blowout and the pretty close job share, Tate should take advantage and put up RB2 numbers in this 1st week.
· Pierre Garcon (29)- He was by far the main target of RG3 all of preseason and get the shaky Saints pass defense.
· Danny Amendola (46) – He is the only target that Sam Bradford looks for on almost every play to a fault and with the Rams probably trailing the whole 4th quarter he should rack up a ton of catches and possible touchdown.
Underachievers after the jump!
· Matt Ryan (10)-While he looked fantastic during preseason but has always struggled on the road and gets a tough start in Kansas City.
· BenJarvus Green Ellis (24)- He has a tough matchup especially for a power back and a shaky Ravens pass defense.
· Cedric Benson (28)-Has a tough road matchup in San Francisco and I do not expect him to get many touches in his 1st game.
· DeSean Jackson (27)- With Maclin now healthy and Vick’s #1 target, starting Jackson is really rolling the dice.
· Reggie Wayne (31) - I see him having a good year but runs into a very tough ears pass defense.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful whether here or on Twitter.
Please feel free to contact me on Twitter dvond with any questions.