THINGS THAT WOULD SHOCK THE EFF OUT OF ME
Following my pilgrimage to a training camp session and spending the majority of last evening scrutinizing the game film from the Colts debacle, I've come to the conclusion that if any of the following things occurred during the 2012-2013 season I'd be beyond freaking shocked.
1. If we had a right tackle that would be a starter on ANY other team in the league.
2. If I saw Scott Wells play one snap.
3. If any backup running back successfully juked a safety or linebacker.
4. If Craig Dahl harnessed his foolish enthusiasm & did anything helpful, ever.
5. If we ran a kickoff/punt back for a TD.
6. If any receiver or DB ever caught a tipped ball.
7. If we had third and short on a nice drive and didn't called for a penalty.
8. If a TE ever made a halfway decent block on a blitzer.
9. If a RB ever picked up a blitz.
10. If a TE caught the ball and actually ran with it.
11. If Danny Amdendola didn't go down on first contact with anything.
12. If Sam audibled to a play that actually helped.
13. If I bothered to learn the names of whatever bums are playing the OLB spots.
14. If a receiver got off the line in press.
15. If Sam had an accurate deep ball to anyone other than Danario.
16. If we CAME BACK to win a game.
17. If we had a lead at halftime and ended up winning.
18. If we went for it on 4th and short and converted.
19. If there was enough noise in the dome to get the other team false start.
20. If SJax played more than 11 games.
21. If Brandon Gibson/Salas was in the league in two years.
22. If we're 1-6, and SJax isn't on the trading block.
23. If we win 6 games.
24. If we had a three touchdown lead on anyone.
25. If I take everything I've written under advisement, and didn't STILL watch every game this year expecting to win, and basically live and die with these guys.