Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
I am back from the hurricane and a well times vacation. This is the last of the bye weeks and the pickings are quite slim but I will try and point out some guys who may be on your bubble of whether to start or not. We will not be covering guys who are ranked in the top 10 like some well known columnists nor there will be personal stories. With the 1st game coming up on Thursday here is our list:
- Tony Romo (11)- He is not having a great year but is a safe start especially against the Browns defense who is in the lower half of the league versus the pass.
- Philip Rivers (15)- If you are in a non turnover league he always does well in Denver and it should be a shootout especially with another Ryan Mathews injury.
- Daniel Thomas (23)- he should gets a ton of carries against the worst run defense in the NFL in the Bills.
- Chris Ivory (28)-He had a beastly run last week and scored, I would expect him to get more run.
- Jacquizz Rodgers (34)- Hopefully the Falcons are going to finally make a move in the red zone as everyone can see the inability of Michael Turner to move in a quick fashion.
- Danny Amendola (20)-In the 5 games he has played the entire game he has gotten an average of 8 catches and 90 yards.
- Desean Jackson (23)-I can see Nick Foles breaking out against a porous Redskins pass defense.
- Darius Heyward Bey (27)-They are playing the Saints, get all your Qb's and Wr's in the lineup on a weekly basis against that team.
- Brian Hartline (29)- The Bills and Saints are the 2 defenses that you start everyone and anyone, it is fantasy gold.
- Jermichael Finley (16)-Now he is finally healthy and after the bye this is now the time for him to shine.
- Andy Dalton (14)- The Chiefs are a tougher passing matchup than you would think especially at home.
- Joe Flacco (17)-The Steelers are giving up less than 150 passing yards per game, look in another direction.
- Jonathon Stewart (24)-He was told he was going to get a large workload but that has not been the case.
- Jonathon Dwyer (26)-Rashard Mendenhall is coming back and there will just not be enough carries for all three running backs.
- Rashad Jennings (31)- He looked t be in a great position when the MOJO injury occurred but he has been way below par and gets a top 3 defense in Houston this week.
- Mike Wallace (21)- Even with Big Ben he is barely getting 50 yards a game, Leftwich has not started in 4 years, there are better options.
- Torrey Smith (24)-As per above, very few have had any success passing versus the Steelers.
- Michael Crabtree (34)-The Bears are another defense you do not want to go near.
- Aaron Hernandez (13)-He is not healthy enough to take a chance with your team going for the playoffs.
- Logan Paulsen (19)-he has not yet stepped up and does not have the talent to be a starting TE in the NFL.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful whether here or on Twitter.
Please feel free to contact me on Twitter dvond with any questions or comment on the above article