Denny Medley-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Here are a list of players that will be on the staring bubble for most fantasy football teams.
Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
Welcome back to another week of over and underachievers. We will always focus on guys who are ranked outside the top 20 for skill positions and top 10 for Qb's and Te's as many of you will have to always start a skill player in the top 20 regardless of matchup. This should assist more people with game day lineup decisions. Their weekly rating will always be listed in parenthesis. Last week I was able to go 6-4 for the Overachievers highlighted by Alfred Morris, Willis McGahee and Torrey Smith while going 8-2 for under achievers being led by Tony Romo, Steven Jackson, and Kenny Britt. With the 1st game coming up on Thursday here is our list:
- Philip Rivers (11) - If he does not break out versus the Saints, it may never happen, they are the 6th worst defensive team against quarterbacks.
- Ben Roethlisberger (12 ) - He is off to a career best start, and I can see it continuing especially off the bye.
- Ahmad Bradshaw (20) - He looked healthy and get's to play a Brown defense which is ranked in the middle of the pack versus running back's.
- Ryan Williams (24) -This is another guy that, if he will break out, it will be against the porous Rams run defense.
- Donald Brown (27) - He is rested off the bye week and if the Colts want to keep it close versus the Packers, he should get 15-20 touches.
- Eric Decker (21) - He received a lot of attention from Peyton Manning last week and gets the 9th worst pass defense versus wide receivers.
- Domenik Hixon (31) - Hakeem Nicks is out again and he stepped up very nicely and has a nice matchup versus the Browns.
- Jerome Simpson (37) - He had a nice start to his season last week and gets the Titans defense.
- Brent Celek (12) - The Steelers have had issues with covering the tight end position, should open things up for Celek.
- Jared Cook (17) -The Vikings are ranked in the bottom 7 in defense against tight ends and Hasselbeck is a big Cook fan.
- Matt Schaub (14) - Even without Revis the Jets have been tough on opposing quarterbacks, expecting a blowout and limited passing production.
- Christian Ponder (15) - He has put up a solid season, but they are playing a very conservative game and expect pedestrian numbers.
- Fred Jackson (22) - He may get a few catches, but the 49ers are the best defense against running backs.
- Deangelo Williams (26) - He is very hit or miss and I can see Stewart getting more touches especially in the red zone.
- Rashard Mendenhall (29) - This will be his 1st game back. I would wait and see how healthy and how effective he looks before plugging him in your lineup.
- Andre Brown (33) - After only 5 touches last week, he looks to be an afterthought and cannot be started until there is another injury.
- Pierre Garcon (24) - He is still not healthy and will be used as more of a decoy.
- Jeremy Maclin (28) - He does not look right and seems to be there to open up the lanes for DeSean Jackson.
- Anquan Boldn (32) - He is coming off a huge game on national TV; I would expect him back to his normal pedestrian output.
- Heath Miller (12) -The Eagles are the 3rd best defense against tight ends, look in another direction for you starting tight end this week.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful whether here, or on Twitter.
Please feel free to contact me on Twitter @dvond with any questions.