Looking back at the final 2011 St. Louis Rams, it's no wonder that that team only won 2 games last year and this team has already won 3 games. Looking back on who was on the roster, there were a lot of crappy players. Not saying that the 2012 team has bad players, but 2011 was bad. Let's look:
- Bradford is the franchise quarterback and Clemens is a capable backup with leadership qualities. Brandstater is out of the NFL being replaced by undrafted rookie Austin Davis. Seeya AJ Feeley too. (2)
- SJ39 is here to stay (I think) but at least he is a capable NFL player. Otherwise, I can see why we drafted 2 runningbacks. Norwood was not quite over his ACL injury and Cadillac didn't have much left in the tank & Quinn Porter was truly awful. Have no idea why he was even on the roster. All three are out of the league. One because of injury, another really because of age, and another because he should be selling insurance. (5)
- Full of injuries and lack of ability, the 2011 WR was bad with the exception of Lloyd who has since moved on to New England. Alexander just could never stay healthy and Chris Givens is doing a pretty good job in DX's former role. Dominique Curry was a very talented special teamer but on a team with no talent there was no room for a guy just good at ST. Curry is also out of the league. Gibson is still around (somehow). Nick Miller was signed late and had a punt return for a TD but was not in long-term plans and is also not in the league. Pettis has talent and still remains for now. Salas looked good for McDaniels in his system but not in the new system and was released by the Rams then the Pats. He is not out of the league, but is only on the NE practice squad. Amendola was hurt last year and poor Mark Clayton could never stay healthy after an exciting start to 2010. He is also out of the league. (9)
- Kendricks is still around looking to rebound and appears to be on his way. Guidugli and Spach are out of the league. Illini Mike was cut by us in favor of Matt Mulligan and Mike McNeill. He is currently in NE as well. (11)
- Jason Brown was a major disappointment in STL and was released from his big contract and is still looking for work. Dahl is still a major force on the Rams O-line. Goldberg had a solid NFL career but is also out of the league. Hughes, LeVoir, Wragge, Welch are all out of the league. Mattison was recently signed by the KC Chiefs so he is still in the league. (18)
- I'm surprised no one looked at Ah You because he was a solid player but that's why I'm not a GM. I'm also surprised that Hall was not brought in by anybody. Maybe he could have been in a lesser role this year. He did have 30 sacks in 5 years with STL. He is now out of the league. The other 3 are doing fine to say the least. (20)
- Bannan just never worked out for the Rams and cost too much. He is now in Denver. Gibson is now with Tampa Bay. Fred Robbins was very good in 2010 but completely fell off the table in 2011. He is out of the league. Darell Scott was solid in his rookie season but struggled after that. He was cut after Week 1 and is currently looking for a job. (22)
- Chamberlain was a great ST player for a 7th round draft pick and moved on after a solid season in 2010 with Spags in NO. Cole and Laurinaitis carried over from last season. Bryan Kehl is now with the Chiefs. David Nixon is out of the league and Brady Poppinga was truly awful. I'm glad he's gone. (24)
- Gordy was a great pickup last season and picked off a team-high 3 passes but was lost in the shuffle of new CBs and was traded in camp to IND. Rod Hood is out of the league. Justin King (HORRIBLE) was just cut by the Colts (good for them) and is out of the league too as is Smith. Ness is on IR with the Panthers. (27)
- Mikell, Stewart, and Dahl are still here. Butler was okay in 2009 and 2010 but was awful in 2011 and replaced by Dahl and Stewart and is no longer in the league. (28)
- Brown and Jones had good seasons with the Rams but both were let go and replaced by rookies who are doing awesome. McQuaide is still here.
- Ron Bartell keeps getting hurt, this year with OAK. Already on IR
- Jacob Bell and Al Harris. Bell was a disappointment and Harris played well in a short period.
- Cudjo, Fletcher, Hull, Miller, and Saffold (although hurt) are all contributing on the 2012 squad
- Brian Jackson and Jerome Murphy are not on anybody's team
- Marquis Johnson is on the Saints' IR (always hurt too)
- Jason Smith even worth talking about? (30)
- 30 players from the final roster from last year are not even in the league any more (non-retired)
- 2 players are retired
- 4 IR players; 1 practice squad player
- THAT IS BAD
THAT IS REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!