The psychology of football can be interesting. The Rams were too high for the Eagles. Lots of motivation but no reality check. The Eagles gave them their reality check and the Rams should cash it on Monday. More:
- Greg Salas will be highly motivated to show his stuff on Monday with Amendola out. He is not playing second fiddle now and it will show. He will catch passes and keep on going. A star is born.
- Bradford should be much better. He is embarrassed by what Cam Newton did in his first game and it will give him motivation such as you have never seen before. He is going to look downfield and throw downfield. Nothing like a little competition for best new qb.
- The defensive line will play better. Did anyone noticed how gassed and red faced Chris Long was in the second quarter last Sunday? They were not conditioned to chase Vick.
- Lance Kendricks and Hoo hoo will be the difference in the game.
- Steven Jackson will play. He is afraid of losing his job.
- Jason Smith's job is on the line. Adam Goldberg is no better as a run blocker, but he is a much better pass blocker. Look for a move to Goldberg early if Bradford is getting pressure from the right.
- Quinn wasn't on the roster last week because of his physical conditioning and lack of effort in the last preseason game. Anyone notice how he was flaying around out there with little or no push in the fourth quarter? He could not do anything with the Chiefs third string left tackle. Look for Quinn to make a better effort this time around. His prima donna status is gone. (In an earlier game, I saw Quinn chase down a running back from behind. The back was running right and Quinn tackled him behind the line of scrimmage coming from the other side. I haven't seen a Ram DE do that since Deacon Jones.)
Am I full of crap? Let me know on Tuesday.