HOUSTON - SEPTEMBER 11: Running back Ben Tate #44 of the Houston Texans is tackled by Pat Angerer #51 of the Indianapolis Colts during the season-opening game at Reliant Stadium on September 11, 2011 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)
Hello Fantasy Football Fans!
Welcome to a new Fantasy Football season! Each week, I will list the best free agent pickups of the week every Tuesday. I build this list by looking at the many leagues I am in which range in participation from 10-14 teams so I will try and have pickup for every level.
After an injury filled week one, let's get to it after the jump
Average Size Leagues
- Ben Tate-Carried the load after the Ward and Foster injuries, both are shaky for this week, if he is there this could be a great investment
- Caddy Williams- Steven Jackson is out for this Monday while he filled in quite nicely and filled up the stat board.
- Devery Henderson-With Colston and Moore out this week he should get you double figures again.
- Robert Meachem-Same as above
- Nate Burleson- Looks locked in as the #2 target on a team who throws the ball more than anyone else in the NFL
- Jacoby Jones- He now moves up to WR2 with Walter out, good spot play.
- Fred Davis- He always plays well when in the lineup and Shanahan has already announced that the 2 TE set will be their base offense.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick- Get him for you bye week now, he is shining in the Chan Gailey pass happy offense.
- Jerome Simpson-The Bengals looked pretty good and even though he had only 4 catches, did get 9 targets and I would think they will be trailing a lot this year.
- Brian Hartline-Looks to be the WR2 in this new pass happy offense and had 7 targets last night.
- Brandon Gibson-With Amendola out, he could be the main target for Bradford and the Rams.
- Mohamed Massaquoi - He received 7 targets and may be ready to make the jump in his 3rd year.
- Eric Decker- Orton looked to him 5 times and seems to have pushed Eddie Royal aside.
- Ben Watson- Always overlooked, had a solid season last year and was targeted 7 times by McCoy.
- Chad Henne- If you like to carry 3 QB’s you can see they will be a throwing team especially in the red zone.
- Ernest Graham-He played double the stats of Blount, got 9 targets and ran the ball 6 times, another guy who could give solid stats later in the year on your bye week.
Follow me on Twitter and feel free to ask any and all fantasy football questions -dvond