What a crazy week, would you agree? G Harvey Dahl, WR Sims-Walker, LB Diles, DT Bannon, S Mikell, CB Harris were all added this week in what was a free agent feeding frenzy. Let me add that not one of these guys were ever reported as on the Rams radar, at least not to my knowledge.
In my opinion, the two biggest signings were Dahl and Mikell. Dahl brings a much needed toughness to the center of the Rams O-Line, a clear weakness last year. Mikell plugs a gaping hole left when OJ Atogwe signed with the Redskins.
Well, on to the links:
- As many of you may have already seen, the Rams agreed to terms with DE Robert Quinn, their 14th overall first round draft pick yesterday. This was big for the Rams as Quinn should really help out an aging D-Line with youth and quickness off the edge.
- Wondering who teams have cut as of yesterday? Here's a heaping helping of cuts from every team thus far. You'll notice Larry Grant on the list.
- Jim Thomas is reporting Greco may have indeed requested to be traded because he wanted to be a starter. With the signing of Dahl, and restructuring of Bell's contract that was a near impossibility. If so, looks like Shurmur in Cleveland will indeed give him that chance.
- Bernie Miklasz has a great piece on how the free agent signings will fit in to the Rams roster. I was excited about Diles, who Bernie says is a sure tackler. Just how sure? According to STATS LLC he is charged with only ONE broken tackle in 16 games with Houston last year. YIKES. I'd say we're improved at LB for sure.
- I know it's old news on Dahl but check out the Falcons sbnation blog thefalcoholic post on Dahl leaving. It's an extremely entertaining read.