Well this should be a short one, right? The St. Louis Rams haven't made any roster moves since agreeing to terms with Quintin Mikell. Still, day three of free agency has brought any number of twists and turns. Let's review and see where things stand with a couple of key rumors and players.
Starting with the big fish...
- Brandon Mebane - Reports that Seattle re-signed him proved premature. Nothing has been decided as of now. It is being said that the Rams are not serious bidders for Mebane, scared off by his price tag. That's probably an astute observation. It seems like it's between Seattle and Denver for Mebane.
- Darren Sproles - Around midday it was reported that only three teams were serious bidders for Sproles: San Diego, Philadelphia and New Orleans. The thing to remember here is that things change, that may not be the case tomorrow.
- Jason Snelling and Jerome Harrison - These two are said to be the Rams' top choices at running back, with an edge to Snelling.
- Amobi Okoye - The Texans have let it be know that they'll trade the tenth pick of the 2008 draft, a bust who is outcast in their 3-4 system. He could be a good get at a low price for 4-3 teams.
- Veteran defensive tackles - The Rams are looking at a few option here including Justin Bannon and Daniel Muir.
- Scott Shanle - One of several linebackers the Rams are said to have interest in, Shanle was the talk of local radio today. At one point, it was all but done; that has since been walked back.
- Daniel Fells - Daniel Fells has a visit scheduled tomorrow with the Denver Broncos. Tennessee and Seattle are also interested as well as the Rams. Fells is a nice player, but seems unessential in St. Louis.
- Draft picks - Draft picks are singing deals all over the NFL. The Rams signed Greg Salas first, their fourth-round pick, and have now signed their fifth-round pick, S Jermale Hines, and two seventh-round picks, DBs Jonathan Nelson and Mikail Baker.