The big names keep dropping 2011 NFL mock drafts on us today. Todd McShay's mock draft is the latest to hit the web. It lacks the surprises of Rick Gosselin's mock draft, but offers plenty to digest. As for the St. Louis Rams first round pick in McShay's mock draft...well, you ought to recognize it.
The Rams pick Illinois DT Corey Liuget in McShay's mock draft today. Just like they did in his last one...and in Mel Kiper's mock draft that came out last night. Come on guys, get creative with this stuff.
Head coach Steve Spagnuolo can never have enough defensive linemen, and Liuget comes with the quick first step and relentless motor to be a disruptive force in the middle.
As tepid as the Liuget pick might seem to fans at this point, it makes sense along those lines. Gosselin's mock draft had the Rams picking RB Mark Ingram over Liuget and some other big time defensive linemen like Robert Quinn.
McShay's mock draft in full below the jump.
1. Carolina - Cam Newton
2. Denver - Von Miller
3. Buffalo - Marcell Dareus
4. Cincy - A.J. Green
5. Arizona - Aldon Smith
6. Cleveland - Julio Jones
7. San Fran - Blaine Gabbert
8. Tennessee - Nick Fairley
9. Dallas - J.J. Watt
10. Washington - Robert Quinn
11. Houston - Patrick Peterson
12. Minnesota - Anthony Castonzo
13. Detroit - Tyron Smith
14. St. Louis - Corey Liuget
15. Miami - Mike Pouncey
16. Jacksonville - Ryan Kerrigan
17. New England - Cam Jordan
18. San Diego - Muhammad Wilkerson
19. New York Giants - Mark Ingram
20. Tampa Bay - Prince Amukamara
21. KC - Nate Solder
22. Indy - Gabe Carimi
23. Philly - Jimmy Smith
24. New Orleans - Phil Taylor
25. Seattle - Danny Watkins
26. Baltimore - Adrian Clayborn
27. Atlanta - Da'Quan Bowers
28. New England - Brooks Reed
29. Chicago - Derrick Sherrod
30. New York Jets - Akeem Ayers
31. Pittsburgh - Cameron Heyward
32. Green Bay - Aaron Williams
- Surprised to see Peterson fall that far.
- No QB run in this mock as with Gosselin's mock draft. That could be a big difference maker in terms of how the first rounds plays out tonight. I can't believe that there won't be more than two QBs picked tonight.
- It's interesting to see the Giants going with Ingram. I think he'll fall to late in the round, and some team involved in a trade down will get him.
- Another mock with Prince Amukamara falling. Tampa makes sense, given their current #1 CB's shooting troubles.
- That's the highest I've seen Aldon Smith picked in a mock draft.