Can you hear the birds chirping? I know, the typical sound of a football-less Sunday, but it's even worse now.
That's the sound of an NFL Lockout. I don't know about you, but I knew this was coming. Even with all of the optimism surrounding the federal mediation, and the extension, I really knew it was coming.
As 3k pointed out in his last post, no one will win this battle, and sadly, the fans are the losers.
This post isn't being written to talk technical, but to try to help the sports hungry fan get through all this and attempt to replace (as best as can be) our beloved sport, maybe for a little while, with something to satisfy our pallets during these depressing times.
With that said, here are the top 5 things you can do to get through these trying times, and survive the NFL Lockout. Feel free to ad anything to the list in the comments.
5. MLB - I have to admit, as avid a Tiger fan as I am, I still can't get into baseball fully until the postseason, however with that said, I recently moved to FL and live about 20 minutes from Lakeland, home of Joker Merchant Stadium the home of Tigers spring training. Gotta look at the positives right?
4. NASCAR - OK I'm going to take heat for this one. I have to admit, I am a big NASCAR and Kasey Kahne fan. I like Kasey because the kid can drive, AND he took over for my favorite all time driver Bill Elliott. At any rate, if you're not a NASCAR fan, I urge you to look into it. It's not all "driving in circles" there's actually a lot of strategy. Not to mention, you can get track pass and listen to your driver and pit communications through every lap. It's almost like listening to Bradford and Spags throughout a game.
3. NBA - Yes the NBA is starting to heat up. The regular season is about 3/4 of the way through so playoff talk has started. Will the Celtics remain the East power or will they get knocked out by the up and coming Bulls? Is San Antonio the real deal? People are even predicting my beloved Sixers may surprise someone in the first round. Yes, at least I have something to watch!
2. TurfShowTimes NFL Draft Coverage - Yes, what would we do without the gang here at TST. Even though football is locked out, 3k, Van, and the rest certainly haven't been. Lots of info regarding the upcoming Draft.. thank god it's still going to take place! Heck, I can't think of anywhere else to get a Ram fix when I need it, even during a lockout than TST.
1. NCAA Tourney - Yes the hottest commodity right now. Today the final four get set. Do I really need to expand #1 further. Don't think so (GO UCONN..ahem, sorry)
- Watching paint dry
- Growing your first mustache while watching the weather channel
Thoughts? I'm sure you'll let me know.