Hello Fantasy Football Fans!
Welcome to the 8th week of the season! Each week, I will list the best free agent pickups of the week every Tuesday. I build this list by looking at the many leagues I am in which range in participation from 10-14 teams so I will try and have pickup for every level. Please do not forget about your bye weeks and plan accordingly. There are a few guys listed last week that may be still out there; Murray, Little, Hunter, D Thomas, J Cook, Morris, Salas. Let’s get to this week’s list;
Average Size Leagues
- Roy Helu- He had the most snaps last week even before the Hightower injury.
- Antonio Brown-The preseason sensation finally is breaking out and with Ward injury could have his role increased more in the Pitt pass heavy offense.
- Alfonso Smith-Wells looks to be out 1-3 weeks, he is not great but is a starting RB.
- Jonathon Stewart-He is getting more quality touches than Williams.
- Bernard Scott-Benson is out this week and Scott has a nice matchup as the RB1.
- Lance Ball-He is the goal line option if you are stuck this week.
- Leon Washington-He became the #1RB last week after the Lynch injury, very helpful in PPR.
- Michael Jenkins-The offense opened up with Ponder and he had his 1st career 100 yard game.
- Braylon Edwards-He is due back from injury and no one has taken on the #1WR role yet for the 49ers.
- Dezmon Briscoe-He has had 2 quality games back to back and is making more plays then Williams.
- CJ Spiller-He has moved to WR and could help in PPR.
- Jason Hill-He looks to be the #1WR for the Jaguars.
- Christian Ponder-He made a lot of big plays that McNabb could not, not a bad flyer to take.
Follow me on Twitter and feel free to ask any and all fantasy football questions -dvond
Good Luck this week!