Hello Fantasy Football Fans!
Welcome to the 6th week of the season! Each week, I will list the best free agent pickups of the week every Tuesday. I build this list by looking at the many leagues I am in which range in participation from 10-14 teams so I will try and have pickup for every level. Please start looking at your bye weeks and plan accordingly. There is finally some running back to take a chance on. Even though he is on bye it is the week of Tebow! There are a few guys listed last week that may be still out there; Torain, Cruz, Redman, Garcon, Watson, Avant, L Robinson. Let’s get to this week’s list;
Average Size Leagues
- Tim Tebow-Even though they are on the bye week and he has been named the starter. Since there are not many leagues that penalize you for comp %, you need to run and grab him. IN the last 3 weeks of the season in 2010 he was the #1 fantasy QB in the league. He has an odd way about him but he fills up the box score.
- Jackie Battle-Another guy on the bye week and while he is not the quickest guy, Haley gave him a shot and he delivered last week.
- Kerry Lumpkin-Blount is out for Sunday and he should at least get a time share.
- Montario Hardesty-Hillis is having contract issues and the last game they played there was a 50/50 split.
- Delone Carter-He was on this list earlier in the year but with Addai out for 1-3 weeks, he will be the guy.
- Doug Baldwin-He got to break out the past 2 weeks as all the coverage seemed to lean toward Rice.
- Mark Clayton-He comes back to the Rams next week and was a top 20 WR last year before he got hurt and had nice chemistry with Sam Bradford.
- Malcolm Floyd-He is finally healthy and on a bye but could be a nice grab and stash.
- Steve Breaston-With the Chiefs playing better, he should continue to get 5-8 targets every week.
- Alex Smith-With a nice 7-1 TD-int ratio, you can do worse for a bye week fill in.
- Donald Brown-He now enters a time share for Indy, maybe this is his time
- Jonathan Dwyer-Redman got banged up and he stepped in nicely.
- Chaz Schilens-Always had a lot of talent but injuries have held him back, now looking healthy.
- Darious Heyward Bey-Back to back good games but not a high recommendation.
- Jason Hill-He is the #2 WR for the Jaguars and expect them to be trailing all weeks.
Follow me on Twitter and feel free to ask any and all fantasy football questions -dvond
Good Luck this week!