The Defense was the backbone of the 2010-2011 season here's how we can improve.
- Resign OJ Atogwe he is an elite defender and deserves to be compensated like one.
- Part ways with Kevin Dockery, enough said
- Through draft or FA acquire help in the front seven, Chris Long is a cornerstone, but Robbins and Hall are up in age and Selvie is a really good rotation man. Vobora, and Chamberlain are good special team guys but we can do better
- Here are a few LB's and DL that will be available and are seemingly good fits for Spags: Chad Greenway, LaMarr Woodley, *James Anderson ( great prospect), Rocky McIntosh, Mathias Kiwanuka, Tavares Gooden, Chris Gocong, *Manny Lawson, Ben Leber, and Justin Durant. Long list I know but these players could all really help out the defense.
- I know its a little crazy but keep an eye on Vernon Gholston I think the Jets might be fed up with him and might deal him at an affordable price i think a 4th or 5th round pick will be enough. The Rams love Buckeye Alum so St. Louis could be a place where he could go back to his 4-3 DE roots.
- On a positive note the secondary is solid but with the amount of blitzing that Spags uses we need great cover and press corners, the top three corners should stay: Fletcher, Bartell, and Murphy. Here a few options at DB not including Rahim Moore (UCLA) or DeAndre McDaniel (Clem). FA: *Jonathan Joseph (It would be a stretch), Antonio Cromartie, Richard Marshall, Eric Weddle, Dawan Landry, Tanard Jackson, Tyrell Johnson, Bernard Pollard.
- In closing I think the Rams will fill the vacancies on Defense with capable players, and hopefully with a little risk taking by Billy Devaney