Well, as VanRam pointed out, we've started the preseason 0-1 with a 28-7 whacking courtesy of the Vikings. While we lost the game, there were some positives to emerge. Chris Long was solid, Larry Grant seriously stepped up, George Selvie showed some spark, and Danny Amendola (even though he did fumble) gave us our only TD of the night on a sweet punt return.
What about Bradford? Well, his first series he looked really sharp but unfortunately due to a porous offensive line, he barely had enough time to take the snap much less look down the field during the remainder of his presence. His final numbers, 6-13 for 57 yds, sacked 4x and beat up in general. The good news? His shoulder took some shots and held up nicely.
Side Note: I honestly can't remember a Rams O-Line that played that poorly in my 27 years of Rams fan realm. Jason Smith really struggled. And what's with the O-Line shuffle? Fraley at Center? Jason Brown at LG? Huh?! Hopefully things will get better as the preseason progresses.
OK, on with the links...
- Read the recap on ESPN of the Vikings handing us our first preseason loss 28-7.
- Ramsgab has their recap and some thoughts. Yes mentions of "Vanilla" and our offense in the same sentence were flying around. I feel like it's 2009 all over again.
- "He said" / "She said" on Westbrook. Now Kevin Demoff denies the Rams and Westbrook are closing in on a deal. Man let me tell you, we really need Westbrook in my opinion.. we need all the playmakers we can get.
- Let the Shurmer ranting begin. Last night's play calling looked very similar, and even though it was just game 1 of PRESEASON, it's still hard to stomach.. and fans are already making that known.
That's about it for today.. GO RAMS
(3k's NFC West notes)
- Seattle and Arizona were in action last night as well. Write-ups come from Field Gulls on the winners and losers in the 'Hags' 20-18 victory and from Revenge of the Birds who covered the risers and fallers from their 19-6 win over Houston.
- San Fran plays in Indy this afternoon. Could be a fun preseason game...for a half.
Go Rams - holler.