The second annual TST Community Mock Draft has wrapped up the first ten picks, and with that, let's take a look back and discuss.
Here are the picks.
- St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
- Detroit Lions - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
- Washington Redskins* - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
- Cleveland Browns - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
- Seattle Seahawks - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
- Kansas City Chiefs* - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
- Oakland Raiders - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
- Buffalo Bills - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
Reactions below the jump.
The surprise of the draft had to be Jimmy Clausen going to the Rams. Conventional wisdom is a strange thing, but the consensus out there now is that the Rams will make Sam Bradford the first overall pick of the draft. However, GM Billy Devaney has been insistent that they have not made up their minds on the first pick, and Jimmy Clausen is still within the realm of possibilities.
That's a lot of players from Oklahoma's two big schools on the top ten, and it could/should shake out that way on April 22.
I liked the Cleveland/Kansas City swap. With Bradford still on the board, the Browns had to make sure they got to him because Seattle could very well have made him their pick. It made sense for the Chiefs because they still get a shot at a player who fills a major need and represents excellent value at his draft position.
Mount Cody got all the attention (being a key part of the national champs will do that...not to mention weighing 370), but Dan Williams is a dominant NT. That's become a premium position in recent years, and a top ten pick is highly possible. It made sense for the Bills who had no QB to select with that pick too.
There's a big question mark out there whether or not Dez Bryant is still worth a top ten pick. People put too much emphasis on the personality stuff, though Bryant does have a few red flags. I still think he has the talent.
We'll get through the next set of picks today, at least through lucky 13.