The accolades just keep coming for St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford. Following his 308 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT win over the Broncos - the first time a rookie has done that since John Elway - the first overall pick from the 2010 NFL Draft has been named the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Month.
For those of you keeping score, that's two consecutive months that Bradford has received the honor, the only rookie QB ever to accomplish that. Bradford is on pace for completing 364 or 601 passes at his current 60.5 percent rate, 3,587 yards, 25 TD, 13 INT through his rookie season. His current stats for attempts, yards and TDs are already franchise records for a rookie.
The record for passing TDs by a rookie is 26, established by Peyton Manning in 1998; he also set the record for passing yards by a rookie that year with 3,739. If Bradford continues the pace he's established in his last six games, he could top those records.
More jaw dropping info on Bradford's rookie season after the jump.
- Bradford, the first overall selection out of Oklahoma, started all three games during November and completed 79 of 121 passes (65.3 percent) for 792 yards with six touchdowns and one interception for a 96.8 passer rating.
- During the month, Bradford ran his streak of consecutive attempts without an interception to 169, an NFL rookie record.
- He also set franchise rookie records with 413 attempts, 250 completions and 17 touchdown passes.
- In Week 12, Bradford passed for 308 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions in a 36-33 win at Denver. He became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a road victory. He is also the first rookie quarterback since Pro Football Hall of Famer JOHN ELWAY in 1983 with at least 300 passing yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a game.
- Bradford is the first quarterback to be named Rookie of the Month twice.
- He is the seventh player to win multiple Offensive Rookie of the Month Awards and first since Minnesota running back ADRIAN PETERSON (September and October, 2007).
- Bradford is the only No. 1 overall selection to be named Rookie of the Month twice.