I'm 20 years old and i first got into football probably when i was 9 never payed much attention to details just loved to play on rec teams and watch games. i got into middle school and found my real calling was for playing soccer (what a wimp right?) so basicly my only ties to football were madden video games and watching the ravens play on sunday. when i was in about the 6th or 7th grade i watched the 99 stlouis rams season video and was fascinated by the rams offense i always knew they were good but watching the whole tale was truly magical. Ravens fans always get on my nerves around here so I really wanted a diffrent team to follow and watching the st louis rams tear up opposing defenses was so fun and entertaining to watch, so quickly i became a big time ram fan grabbing up kurt warners biography and a adam archuleta jersey ( I even bought his workout dvd for Christ sake.) But until maybe 8th or freshman year did I really follow start following stats and realize how crucial the draft was. And about that time the rams started to go really down hill and ask anyone around steel town sparrows point and they'll tell you im the only ram fan on the peninsula. And I don't claim to know everything or exactly know how a franchise works because im still learning season to season and I think the rams are teaching me a lot about football right now. I know its still early in the season and 4 wins might be all that we get. Couple things i have learned this year though about nfl football in general.
1. Your quarterback makes or breaks your franchise
2. Defense does indeed win championships
3. Big free agent signings don't always help your team in the short or long haul
4. Players buying into what the head coaches are saying make a world of a diffrence
5. DRAFTING right, yes the caps are to make a point haha but we've all seen how pitt new england and baltimore draft vs oakland detriot and buffalo and even us and you can see why those franchises always seem to be in the post season year in and out. and i'm aware the 4 teams are doing well i'm just makeing a point about the past.
again I know this post sounds like something a elementary kid would write because it's so general and uses horrible grammar but I'm learning (not English) and I think every game and ram season i watch i kind of see what to do and what not to do. Trial and error my friends. GO RAMS!