Yesterday, as the referees blew a pass interference call in overtime, I found myself furious and foaming at the mouth with anger. The Rams lost a squeaker on a bad call in overtime...
Then I got to thinking: This mindset is a victory in itself! 8 weeks ago, I expected another let down season. Today, I expect the Rams to be competitive and win this close division race they are currently in the midst of. What a turnaround in the past 8 weeks!!!
I think that it is important to realize just how far our team has come this year:
(1) Our offense actually can put drives together! They even did what they needed to in order to score a game tying field goal in the 4th quarter!
(2) We have a QB! (Don't need to say much else)
(3) Our offensive line is young and talented. They actually open holes for Steven Jackson and do an above average job of protecting Sam. Although they struggle, they are extremely young and will only get better
(4) Our Defensive Line is an extremely pleasant surprise. Chris Long has become the #2 overall pick we expected! Long and Hall are eating QBs.
(5) The Defense as a whole is playing stout, solid football. Huge improvements have been made over the past 8 weeks.
With that said, this is how I justify Wins and Losses for the remainder of the NFL Season:
Win: We are a step closer to the Playoffs and a Division title!!!! An incredible feat after a 1-15 season!
Lose: We are a step closer to landing AJ Green in the NFL draft! Unarguably the best receiver in this years NFL draft and a potent weapon for Sam's arsenal for the next decade...
Cheer Up Rams Nation! We have come a LONG way!!!!!