Before I jump into the meaty goodness of Rams links, I've got some community news to pass along. Let's jump right in...
It's a contest! We're looking for a logo/masthead type thing for our regular "Random Ramsdom" posts. If you fancy yourself a arteest, professional or otherwise, send us your entry. We'll pick the top three and then open it up to a vote. You can send them to me by clicking on the envelop icon next to my name in the page footer, very bottom of the page. The prize will be fame and recognition...and a t-shirt once we debut the TST rags later this spring.
- Thanks for signing up for the community mock draft. As I said earlier, I'm cataloging the entrants and post details later today.
Now for the meat and potatoes
- Yahoo! Sports has their Rams team report posted this morning. One of the key takeaways from the report is team's emphasis on character and how that will influence their draft plans. GM Billy Devaney:
I don’t care what they did, how minor, the least little infraction. If it had something to do with breaking the law, they’re going into the ‘Do Not Draft’ category.
- The report also mentions one of the possible holdups in negotiating a deal with backup QB Gus Frerotte...his agent is Marvin Demoff, father of Rams contract guy Kevin Demoff. Imagine that Thanksgiving if there's a real wide gulf in contract demands - which I doubt.
- In addition to Frerotte, the Rams will try to sign blocking TE Billy Bajema and bring back CB Jason Craft, who proved to be a nice pickup for the nickle spot. He even picked up 3 sacks last season as the Rams tried to mix things up on defense. That ought to do it for their free agent shopping, at least for the spring. I'll venture a guess right now that they'll add some depth when teams start pairing down their rosters closer to the season.
- I talked Greatest Show on Turf with Football.com this week, putting a heavy emphasis on the future.
- NFL.com's Steve Wyche sees Carolina as a very real possibility for Torry Holt.