Monday the Rams start an early off-season work out session. Tuesday is the day WR Torry Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus. Today, today we wait for backup QB news; will the Rams sign Gus Frerotte? This morning we'll start with a look around the web's golden horns.
- Rams backup OL extraordinaire and former Wyoming Cowboy Adam Goldberg visited with the Cleveland Browns. Is he not in the plans for next season? The Rams need depth on the line and Goldie can play G and OT. I'd hate to see him go.
- Bloggers and reporters around the web keep floating Torry Holt's name to add to their team. The latest? San Francisco. No, no, no, Holt wants to play for a contender.
- Bengals fans like the idea of acquiring OT Orlando Pace, who played his college ball at Ohio State.
- If nothing else, the Rams have increased Steven Jackson's fantasy value. Top five pick again?
- The Rams were one of several teams that worked out Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey. The Terp WR is an intriguing prospect, with the body of a #1 WR at 6'2" 206 lbs. According to this scouting report at Mocking the Draft, he's the best vertical threat in the draft, but needs plenty of coaching to get route running and blocking down pat. Would be an interesting second round pick.