FanPost

Please thank Mike Karney and the offensive line for their job this season

<!--StartFragment-->

Steven Jackson has been a beast this year. He has shown up as a leader, on and off the field. He is having a career year. He is the Rams offense, and he will continue to do so until Week 17 is over. Jackson deserves 85% of the credit on his runs. The other 15% goes to those who are blocking him.

 

            Think about it, Jackson has his best career year in 2006 when Madison Hedgecock was his fullback. Then, stupid Scott Linehan cut him from the team and Jackson suffered. Any great running back needs a solid fullback (unless your name is Marshall Faulk). Then he hear that the Saints release FB Mike Karney, and quickly who scoop him up, and we know he hasn’t shown much in the stat book, but he makes holes for Jackson every week.

 

            Also, the Rams offensive line has stunk over the past few seasons, by along with the regime and some good by new Gm Billy Devaney, the Rams have one the best O-lines in the league. Along the line, you have ex-first round pick Alex Barron at LT, who has something to prove in a contract year. Jacob Bell who was signed last year who plays LG. Then, probably the biggest off season signing of the year, is Jason Brown the center who they signed from Baltimore. Although Richie Incognito is a big mouth, he is still a productive RG. Then you have the future, 2009 1st round pick tackle Jason Smith from Baylor. So far this year, he has shown he has quick feet, energy, and run blocking ability. Now that’s a pretty good offensive line to me.

 

            So with these 2 pieces, Jackson is a MVP candidate and it’s due to teammates. I personally praise the offensive line, and Mike Karney.

<!--EndFragment-->
X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Turf Show Times

You must be a member of Turf Show Times to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Turf Show Times. You should read them.

Join Turf Show Times

You must be a member of Turf Show Times to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Turf Show Times. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker