If you looked up "Mismatch of the Year" in a dictionary, it would say Rams vs Colts. The possibility of the Rams pulling out their first victory in a year against an AFC best undefeated Colts team is about 0.01% But still, it is a professional sports league, so anything can happen. As the quarterback Marc Bulger said: "We have to be perfect". That "perfect" Marc speaks of is our 0.01% So what do the Rams have to do to be at least competitive? Here is what I think:
1. Control the Clock: No 3-and-outs, and just try to keep your defense alive and waste as much time as you. We all know the Dolphins did this, but still, it's our only shot.
2. Stephen, Stephen, Stephen, and more Stephen: Give the ball to #39 all day long. He is the only playmaker you've got. He is the franchise, he is the future, so give him the ball at all costs.
4. Avery has to play: With the receivers the Rams got, we need Donnie, and bad. The Rams are the thinnest at WR. Last week our gameplan was ruined when Donnie came out. And we need some deep balls to him.
5. Get the TEs Involved: With like 0 WRs, let the TEs get some action. Fells is the 2nd best receiver on the team, and McMichael is a good middle of the field receiver. How about Billy Bajema? Hmm.
6. Get pressure on Manning: The only way we can stop the Colts is to pressure Manning and get some sacks.
8. Force the Run: The Colts can throw, but they can't run. We have to force it.
9. Play of Wade, King, and Butler are Key: The Colts have multiple receiving options, and these guys have to be on their A game.
10. (Most Important) No Penalties and 0 Turnovers: The Rams already lost if they can't do this one. Actually, they will lose all their games if they limit the mistakes.