Our desire isn't the issue, it's been our judgment.
That's St. Louis Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom summing up the last four or so years of Rams football. Sounds about right to me. The Rams will take the field against Jacksonville today an underdog to the lowly Jaguars. In fact, looking at the upset probabilities posted here, only the Raiders have a longer shot to win today than the Rams. Ouch.
Odds and stats aside, this is a favorable matchup for the Rams, if our offense can build on it's progress from last week against a weak Jacksonville defense and if our defense can continue its strong play against a struggling Jags offense. Take nothing for granted.
- The Rams will be without SS James Butler, WR Ruvell Martin & S Anthony Smith. OT Jason Smith will work in rotation with Adam Goldberg. I'm anxious to get Butler back in uniform, but Craig Dahl has been a more than serviceable fill-in.
- Jacksonville fields a mostly healthy team today. The one injury to watch is starting LG Maurice Williams, but e should start today.
- At least one bettor thinks that this is the Rams week...on the over/under.
- If you just can't get enough of the Rush Limbaugh vs. the NFL saga...
- What the league should really be worried about: the average cost of going to a game for an individual, $105. And the Rams have the most expensive beer in the league at $8.50 for 20 oz.
- Are the Jags possibly interested in trading WR Mike Sims-Walker?