It's Trent Green day 'round the internets. The former Rams, former Chiefs starter and current Rams backup QB will get the start against the Kansas City Chiefs in tomorrow night's Governor's Cup.
Some more items of interest to kill some time on someone else's dime:
- Being a 38-year-old backup (playing on a three year contract) lends itself to wondering just how ready a QB is. The PD asked that question, and the Rams apparently are satisfied with Green's ability at this stage of his career.
- Drew Bennett wants to get over his preseason on-field foibles and prove his worth. He needs to for the Rams sake and for his own good with Keenan Burton looking like he's ready, or at least the better option. Bennett will not play tomorrow night in the backup exhibition in KC.
- A Quinton Culberson profile at the official Rams site. Culberson has looked good this preseason, and I think he'll make us forget all about Brandon Chillar, and, even more frightening at one time, prove the Rams front office folks right.
- NFL.com has their Rams season preview up.
- Our friend at Ramblin' Fan takes a look at it.
- The Football Outsiders have a sneak peak at college football season, which starts in ernest this weekend.
- Field Gulls reviews the tape from the Seahawks loss to the Chargers.
- A look at the 49ers WR situation.
- Is Kurt Warner going to start this year or not?