I have to confess something. I've reached that point where I'm thoroughly bored with preseason football. Happens about the same time every year. I understand the St. Louis Rams need their preseason time, especially since Steven Jackson, their offensive capstone, just started practicing a day ago. Still, let's get this thing going.
- Orlando Pace did injure his shoulder again, the same one as last year, but nothing's torn. It could keep him out of tomorrow's preseason game against the Ravens. Not what you want to read first thing in the a.m.
- Steven Jackson must be a little sensitive to the fact that the Rams made him the centerpiece of their marketing campaign. More love!
- There's nobody I'd rather see silence critics than Donnie Avery. He's going to get the chance this weekend, but given the trouble vets are having with the new playbook, I'd be blown away by a rookie that had it dialed in.
- What do preseason stats really mean?
- The rejuvenated Rams defense, led by a spry and svelte Leonard Little, should give Troy Smith a proper welcome to the next level.
- Eugene Parker's other client, BUF OT Jason Peters, has not ended his holdout.